As I make my way through my second pregnancy (whoo hoo *throws confetti*) I’ve dealt with insane cravings, bouts of fatigue and NFTG* state of mind when it comes to working out. But every day I make a choice to stick by my healthy diet, workout and power through all of it.
Since I’ve been getting a lot of questions on how I do it, why I do it and don’t I ever just get tired of it, I’ve realized there are a lot of people out there that want to live healthy but view it as punishment rather than an accomplishment, and that’s why they hate it. So here are the top 10 things I know about being healthy and how I stay motivated!
1.There is no secret or special formula to living a healthy life. The only thing you need is dedication. A want to be free and in control of your destiny.
2. With proper meal planning you never have to suffer hunger pangs. We’ve all been taught the 3 meal rule, but actually 6 smaller balanced meals is the proper way to fuel your body.
3. No one likes to work out. But keeping your routine fresh and viewing it as fun, not an obligation, you will energize you.
4. The mirror is not a reflection of your future but of your present. Look at yourself every day and revel in every accomplishment.
5. The mental challenges you face daily while getting healthy are no different than any other challenge. You will conquer them with focus and dedication.
6. Change your diet!! This doesn’t mean you have to go on an uber-restrictive diet, or fast, it means redefine what kinds of foods you eat.
7. Do the research!! All foods are not created equally. Organic is best but not always worth it.
8. Losing weight is a perk to living healthy; it should never be your only goal. If it is you’re already defeating yourself.
9. Guilt is defined as “The feeling of responsibility for some offense, crime or wrong, whether real or imagined.” When you’re on a quest to live a healthy life there is no room for guilt EVER. GUILT is more of a detriment than that cupcake you had.
10. Every step—and misstep—is a step in the right direction. You’re human cut yourself some slack.
There will be ups and downs but it’s your journey. Define it, stick to it and when the road gets rough fight hard and get through it.
*No Fucks to Give