Do’s and Don’ts of Fitness
Being fit is more than just exercising. It involves living a healthy lifestyle. While this may seem daunting, you can make this goal more attainable by staying informed, getting creative and coming up with small milestones that you know you can meet each day. These simple suggestions will make you feel good about yourself and your health. Here are more tips to keep you on track toward success!
* Write down your specific fitness goals. You’re more likely to stick with a program once you have it on paper.
* Always strive to eat a well balanced diet. This includes ample servings of fresh vegetables and fruit.
* Break down your meals. Ideally you want to eat several mini meals each day.
* Choose alternatives to satisfy your cravings when possible. Consider frozen fruit over ice cream or opt for a mini chocolate instead of the whole candy bar.
* Diversify your workout routine. If you do the same exercises day after day, you’ll quickly tire and become more likely to skip workouts.
* Skip breakfast. Eating breakfast will jump start your metabolism and provide you with the energy you need to get through the day.
* Skimp on sleep. Your body needs sufficient time to recharge daily.
* Set unrealistic goals. A healthy rate of weight loss is 1‐2 pounds per week. Expecting to lose more than that will set you up for disappointment.
* Compare your successes and failures to others. Everyone is unique, and what works for some may not work for others.
* Give up. Consider talking with a friend in times of discouragement. Your health depends on it.
Most Importantly HAVE FUN!